Just in time for summer.
- 8 egg whites chilled
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 500 millilitres thickened cream
- baby apricots
- strawberries ripe, fresh
- Preheat oven to 110 degrees Celsius/ 220 Fahrenheit
- Place a sheet of baking paper onto a flat baking tray and spray with non stick spray.
- Place egg whites in a large clean bowl and begin to beat with electric beater. As the whites become white slowly add sugar. Continue to whip until the mixture becomes firm and peak like. Add vinegar and mix well
- Spoon mixture onto tray and shape into a disc, approx 18cm in diameter and flat on the top
- Place into oven and bake for 1 and a half hours. Switch oven off after this time and open oven door and allow the oven and pavlova to cool down.
- Whip cream and add a little sugar for personal taste. Spread roughly over the top of the Pavlova
- Prepare fruits by washing cherries and drying on clean paper towel. Cut strawberries in half leaving the green part on for colour and half apricots, removing pips.
- Arrange fruit on top of the cream and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.