Why does BCE have a returns policy?
Whilst BCE will continually strive to improve its service levels, the credit and exchange policy needs to be adhered to in order to minimize the negative impact that credit and returns may have on our stock replenishment and ordering systems.
Under what circumstances may I return goods to BCE?
Goods may be returned to BCE if they are faulty on arrival or if the following conditions are met:
- Items may not be returned more than 14 days after their original delivery by BCE to the dealer,
- Items must be unused.
- Items must be complete and packed in their original packaging,
- Items must be accompanied by a copy of the invoice upon which BCE supplied the goods to the dealer
- The original packaging must as far as possible, be damage free,
- All original packing materials, manuals, blank warranty cards and other accessories and documentation must be included in the original packaging,
- An uplift number must be obtained from BCE before processing the credit or exchange. The uplift number will be issued once copies of the relevant invoices have been faxed or emailed to BCE.
- All items shall be returned to BCE within 7 days of receipt of the uplift note number.
- All costs associated with the transport of stock back to BCE are for the dealers account.
- BCE reserves the right to impose a handling fee or refuse to a credit on goods returned that do not comply with this policy.
What process must be followed in order to obtain a credit form BCE?
- Send a copy of your invoice by fax or email to BCE
- Contact our customer care toll-free number (0800 DEALER) or your BCE sales agent and request an uplift number (UN).
- Return the item to the BCE central warehouses in Johannesburg or Cape Town immediately upon the receipt of an uplift number.
- All returns to BCE are at the dealers cost.
- Should the dealer fail to comply with the above mentioned conditions and processes, no credit will be passed or will any item be exchanged. The item sent for a credit or exchange will be returned to the dealer at his own cost.
- Any discrepancies including, but not limited to, the following list will result in the item being returned to the customer and neither credit nor replacement will be issued.
- Items affixed with counterfeit labels or “own” label(s) or affixed with labels exhibiting tampering,
- Items with any standard certification labels removed,
- Selected Items with serial numbers which do not match the serial numbers on the package or invoice,
- Any items that were sent back to BCE without first applying for the necessary uplift number.
7. It is important to note that buyouts, personalised or other customised items may not be returned for a refund unless considered faulty at time of delivery. BCE shall at its sole discretion make judgement upon whether the item was faulty of inferior quality.
What does our credit and returns policy cover?
Goods purchased from BCE may, under certain circumstances, be returned and credited against the dealers account.
These circumstances include:
- Goods and equipment which are clearly damaged or defective or fails to work immediately after delivery or within a period of 14 days of delivery
- BCE will exchange a damaged item provided the damage is reported in writing within 24 hours of delivery
- All damaged items must be returned to the BCE warehouse immediately.
- BCE will exchange a defective item or alternatively credit your payment of the item provided it is returned with all of its original packaging and contents.
- BCE will exchange a damaged item provided that the item was not damaged by a third party courier.
- BCE will exchange or credit an item that was erroneously delivered to you with the correct item or will credit your payment provided the conditions contained in point above are met.
Can I obtain equipment to demonstrate to potential end users?
BCE does not allow machines to be sent out on approval. If you wish to demonstrate a machine to a client BCE has a number of demonstration units which can be requested for this purpose.
What documents should I keep when I return goods to BCE?
The dealer should keep a copy of the delivery note or goods returned voucher on which a member of BCE’s staff has signed for the returned goods. In the event of a dispute this is your proof of return. Failure to produce this document within 14 days of request will result in your credit being declined.
- PC boards, Motors, Elements, Contactors etc. The warranty for the parts as mentioned above can ONLY be honoured if the fault is due to normal parts failure.
- The warranty does not extend to wearing parts such as blades, belts, bushes, etc.
- Globes, fluorescent tubes, cutting units, clutches, fuses are not covered under warranty.
- Warranty for any parts as above can NOT be honoured if the failure is due to damage, abuse, incorrect application or installation, i.e. power supply, water supply, drainage, gas supply, ventilation, inconsistent power supply, wrong set up of equipment etc.
- Installation of equipment must be done by a qualified technician registered with a relevant accredited body.
- Any work done by a 3rd party or non-authorised repair agent on equipment which is still in the warranty period will void any warranty claims. Under no circumstances should any power supply cable which is fitted to equipment be cut and joined with another cable to lengthened or repair it.
- Proof of sale, which must reflect the serial number of the equipment, will be repaired under warranty at no charge.
- Replacement of parts and repairs done and will only carry a 3 months warranty.
- Electrical & electronic parts and components purchased by a 3rd party are non-returnable