The BCE Warranty
What products are covered by the BCE Warranty?
BCE Products are divided into 2 categories namely Small and Electrical Appliances. Each category has different warranty terms.
What warranty is offered on smalls?
There is no warranty or guarantee on small wares, unless the product is faulty on delivery or of inferior production quality. In these circumstances, and at the sole discretion of BCE, the customer shall be entitled to a replacement product or alternatively should no such replacement exist, a full credit.
What is the period of the warranty for electrical appliances?
The warranty for electrical appliances is for the period of 1 (one) year from the date of sale by the dealer to the end user or otherwise stated for individual items or brands.
What is covered by the warranty?
All failures or faults of the equipment are covered by the warranty except those expressly excluded in appendix 1.
When will a warranty be invalid?
A warranty shall be deemed invalid, without limiting the generality thereof, if the fault or failure is as a result of the following:
- The improper use of the product
- The use of incorrect voltages or faults in building wiring
- Failure to use the appliance in accordance with the operating instructions
- Should any person other than a BCE technician or approved BCE service agent effect any repairs whatsoever upon the product
- Or, as a result of any other cause whatsoever
The decision as to whether the fault or failure is as a result of the above shall be at BCE’s sole discretion.
How do I arrange for a repair of a machine under warranty?
Goods that require repair are divided into 2 categories:
CARRY IN ITEMS
These are countertop items that do not require professional installation that can be moved relatively easily. These items will be required to be taken, at the dealer’s cost, to the nearest BCE service centre or accredited repair agent. Equipment due for repairs may be collected from dealers on delivery of new orders.
The item shall be accompanied by a copy of the invoice on which the item was sold by the dealer to the end user. The invoice shall reflect the item and the serial thereof.
Large Appliances items require professional installation and removal. In the event of a failure BCE will send a technician or accredited repair agent to the customer’s premises to carry out the repair.
The dealer shall contact the BCE service centre in order to arrange for a technician to be sent. The dealer shall, prior to a technician being dispatched, fax or email, to BCE, a copy of the invoice on which the item was sold to the end user reflecting the serial number.
Although BCE will take the greatest care to ensure all repairs are completed within 48 hours of approval, BCE cannot be held responsible for delays due to factors including but not limited to availability of parts, availability of technicians or other factors lying outside BCE’s control. Further, BCE cannot be held liable for any loss of income or other harm suffered as a result of delay in repairing equipment.
How do I complete repairs if I have my own workshop?
If you have your own workshop and are an approved BCE repair agent you may complete repairs under the following circumstances:
- BCE service centre must be contacted and emailed or faxed a copy of the invoice on which the item was sold to the end user reflecting the serial number.
- The service centre will issue a job number under which you may complete the repair and which must appear on the invoice to BCE for the repair.
- BCE will send the spares required to complete the repair. The spares will be charged and credited when the damaged parts are returned. The credit will not be issued if the damaged parts are not returned to BCE within in 14 days of completing the repair.
PC boards, Motors, Elements, Contactors etc. The warranty for the parts as mentioned above can ONLY be honoured if the fault is due to normal parts failure.
The warranty does not extend to wearing parts such as blades, belts, bushes, etc.
Globes, fluorescent tubes, cutting units, clutches, fuses are not covered under warranty.
Warranty for any parts as above can NOT be honoured if the failure is due to damage, abuse, incorrect application or installation, i.e. power supply, water supply, drainage, gas supply, ventilation, inconsistent power supply, wrong set up of equipment etc.
Installation of equipment must be done by a qualified technician registered with a relevant accredited body.
Any work done by a 3rd party or non-authorised repair agent on equipment which is still in the warranty period will void any warranty claims. Under no circumstances should any power supply cable which is fitted to equipment be cut and joined with another cable to lengthened or repair it.
Proof of sale, which must reflect the serial number of the equipment, will be repaired under warranty at no charge.
Replacement of parts and repairs done will only carry 3 months warranty.
Electrical & electronic parts and components are non-returnable
Spares purchased by a 3rd part are non-returnable
- Flexible hose
- Gas cylinder
- Gas appliances may only be installed by a registered LP Gas installer.
Any hose that is used to connect the stove to the gas system shall comply with SANS 1156-2 or BS 3212.
For best results we recommend that gas cylinders with a minimum capacity of 19kg be used.
A 2,8 kPa LPG gas regulator which complies with SANS 1237 must be used. The bottle must be fitted with an approved regulator.
All registered installers are issued with a card carrying their registration number. Ask to be shown this card before allowing the installation work to commence and make note of the Installer QCC number. Upon completion of the installation, the installer is required to explain the operational details of the appliance together with the completion certificate. Pay particular attention to the operation of the isolation or shut-off valve in the gas supply line to the appliance. You should sign for acceptance of the installation when the installation is completed to your satisfaction. Please keep a copy of the certificate which may be required in the event of a warranty claim
BREMA Ice Machines are guaranteed to be free from defects in material and / or workmanship from the factory provided they are installed and operated in accordance with the installation instructions provided in the service manual supplied with each unit.
Brema Ice Machines carry a 3 year limited warranty [2 years on parts and 3 years on the compressor only]
Salvadore Refrigeration units carry a 1 year warranty.
Warranty will not be in effect if:-
- Defects caused by conditions and / or external events such as insufficient capacity or incorrect electrical and water supply, incorrect installation and /or maintenance carried out by unauthorised personnel. This includes incorrect wiring or power surges.
- Damage to equipment caused by weather or by acts of vandalism or transport or by circumstances that cannot be traced to a manufacturing defect.
- Unit has been modified or altered in any way.
- Unit has been abused or misused.
- The serial number has been removed.
- Sensors are blocked or the condenser is dirty.
- Damage or defects caused by unauthorised accessories or components
- Failure to ensure the use of water filters on the incoming water supply and the replacement of water filters timeously.
- External drain line problems
BCE shall not be responsible for damages resulting from fire, flood, civil disturbances or any Act of God. The Company shall not, in terms of these warranties be responsible nor held liable for any consequential loss or damage of any kind caused by or due to the failure or malfunction of the appliance.
-Rusted or corroded plates or grates and vitreous enamelware, are specifically excluded from these warranties. It is an express condition of these warranties that the purchaser takes due care and attention in the use and maintenance of the appliance.
BCE does not accept responsibility for any damage due to incorrect installation or gas connection detailed above.